THEORY AND PRACTICE
Session 2 Agenda September 10/10
1. Welcome Attendance Story George Count to a Million by Jerry Pallotta, illustrated by Rob Bolster.
2. Introduction to Professional Learning Communities (PLC)
Activity in groups make a list of the different roles found in the school
Distribute the envelopes containing the job descriptions TCs in groups will match with titles discuss
What roles does the teacher do?
3. PowerPoint PLCs Roles for positions
Points made in a) Literacy and Numeracy Secretariat #3
b) Teacher Performance Professional Learning Communities in Ontario Schools
c) Results Now Chapter 8 by Mike Schmoker- Professional Learning Communities
4. Assignment Discussion George Statement of Beliefs
5. Group discussion continues teacher roles listed on the board as specified by the TCs. Bring this list for the following week.
6. PowerPoint What is Teaching
7. Assignment Read the story Teachers found at: http://russ5200.tripod.com/teachers.htm
Everyone meets in A234 today, class starts at 1:40pm.
TCs are reminded about the need for the Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Check before October 4th.
Bring to class your Statement of Beliefs assignment outline if you took it out of your yellow folder. Newly arriving TCs will receive info in class.
Questions or comments about this site? Email the Webmaster